Pittsburgh area general contractor is in need of an experienced Accounting Manager/Controller. The selected candidate will be responsible for day-to-day accounting operations and all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for maintaining generally accepted accounting principles as well as developing practices and procedures to ensure strong financial controls in conjunction with accurate and timely financial statements. Additionally, this position is responsible for supervising, managing, and coordinating the efforts of the five-member accounting team on a day-to-day basis, ensuring work is properly allocated and completed in a timely manner.
Duties and tasks to include:
- Overseeing and Managing Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll activities.
- Maintain General ledger and prepare corresponding month-end/year-end closing entries.
- Prepare and manage the preparation of monthly financial statements and related reports.
- Provide data and variance analysis and communicate explanations and provide recommendations to management.
- Prepare Work in Progress Reports and Backlog Reports for construction projects.
- Prepare multi-state Payroll (union and non-union) and related (monthly/quarterly) tax/union report preparation.
- Develop sound financial processes and procedures and improve existing processes.
- Knowledge of intercompany transactions.
- Cash management and bank reconciliations.
- Provide support to Human Resources Department when necessary.
- One to three (1-3) years of proven experience as an Accounting Supervisor or Accounting Manager.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (major in accounting) or Accounting, Masters Preferred.
- Prior experience with multiple entities and intercompany transactions preferred.
- Previous project management experience including directing and supervising staff.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, Timberline (Sage 300), QuickBooks, FCS, Sage HRMS, and/or other Construction Accounting Software, and Databases.
- Experience working in the Construction Industry is a preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org