Pittsburgh area real estate development company in need of an Administrative Assistant to support their Accounting department. Selected candidate will provide administrative and clerical support to the Chief Financial Officer and accounting department staff.
- Provides administrative support for the department including but not limited to answering phones and taking messages or directing calls, faxing, or scanning documents, generating correspondence, completing accounting documents or processing invoices.
- Reviews vendor invoices to ensure accuracy and to facilitate prompt payment.
- Receives and distributes accounting department mail and statements daily and prepares outgoing mail and overnight packages.
- Processes checks from Accounts Payable; puts together invoices, checks and folders. Distributes checks for signature and once approved follows the internal protocols prior to filing.
- Maintains Inventory of department supplies.
- Assists CFO in new hire onboarding by ensuring timely completions of employment paperwork, as assigned
- Schedules meetings, appointments, and other events.
- Oversees confidential calendar management of CFO’s calendar.
- May assist CFO with creating presentations, proofreading and distribution.
- Works with lease distribution, including processing of all necessary folders for vault and billing of tenants.
- Prepares tax documents for signing by owner, processes requests for payment checks and establish payments, if applicable.
- Types unaudited financial statement quarterly, compiles booklets, and types up letters as requested.
- Mails and processes audited financials to various banking institutions and others as requested.
- Maintains vault files for legal documents, closing books, and taxes.
- Assists in preparing for and assisting auditors, types up confirmation letters to banks for mortgages and accounts.
- Prepares mortgage payments and lease payments for all owned companies.
- Processes subcontracts and professional fees, including data entry, meeting with project managers for preparation of payment, processing payments, typing final release of liens, and mailing checks.
- Maintains various accounting and budgetary records (i.e., completes and approves expense reports and timecards).
- Responds to routine questions. Greets, screens, and directs visitors to an appropriate staff member.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two – three years of experience in an administrative support role
- Proficiency with all MSOffice Suite of products with working knowledge of accounting software
- Working knowledge of business processes and procedures
- Basic understanding of accounting and financial principles/processes
- Ability to analyze data and use basic reasoning skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to maintain confidentiality.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com