Pittsburgh area professional services group is in need of an experienced Controller. Selected candidate provides client-focused and pro-active support in all aspects of the invoicing cycle, accounts payable cycle, general ledger, and accrual accounting entries. Will be a member of a team performing a wide range of accounting, payroll, IT and HR functions for multiple companies.
· Develop and edit documents in MSWord
· Order office supplies, checks, forms, postage
· Respond to Request for Statement of Accounts (audits) from Clients
· Provide credit references
· Process credit applications
· Maintain lists and filing system
· Provide accounting and invoicing services for 3 companies
· Code and enter intercompany invoice entries into Ajera accounting software
· Reconcile intercompany invoices monthly
· Process billable hours and expenses in Ajera and issue accurate invoices to clients monthly or bi-weekly
· Copy and scan expense receipts for clients requiring backup for invoices
· Scan and attach purchase orders to all invoices as per client requirements
· Run inquiry and prepare invoicing spreadsheet for Loftus invoicing
· Complete and attach consultant invoice transmittal forms to invoices
· Move billable time among different projects and/or phases
· Process some invoices into client 3rd party online invoicing systems (OpenInvoice, Tabsource, WAWF, Hubwoo, Ariba)
· Process write-offs and issue credit memos
· Close out projects in Ajera
· Enter recurring vendor invoices monthly
· Process credit card payments and record client receipts
· Deposit checks through multiple bank scanners;
· Analyze payment discrepancies
· Process Sales &Use, Annual Reports and other tax forms for multiple states;
· Enter estimated tax payments
· Process 1099 and 1096 tax forms yearly
· Request W-9 form and enter information for all new vendors
· Process and distribute weekly A/R report;
· Respond to phone inquiries and emails from employees, clients and vendors
· Prepare for Liability and Worker’s Compensation audits
· Update billing and client information changes in Ajera
· Create new employee types and work codes in Ajera
· Build rapport and maintain effective working relationships with clients
· Backup for payroll specialist includes processing employee time in Ajera and exporting data to payroll processor, reconciling payroll vendor invoice in Ajera accounting system, processing 401K payments and running miscellaneous payroll reports/inquiries from Ajera
· Send FedEx and certified/return receipt mailings
· Work to understand new department processes, procedures and/or programs
· Provide assistance to other members of the team as needed
· Perform other administrative and related duties as required and assigned by Supervisor
· Managing accounts payable using accounting software and other programs
· Handling accounts payable for separate entities and vendors
· Analyzing workflow processes
· Establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing vendors
· Ensuring bills and payroll are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to departmental procedures
· Processing due invoices for payments
· Comparing purchase orders, prices, terms of payment and other charges
· Processing transactions and performing accounting duties such as account maintenance, recording entries and reconciling books of accounts
· Recommend ways to reduce costs and enhance revenue.
· Prepare documentation for External Auditors.
· Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and alert the CFO if necessary.
· Coordinate semi-annual audits and assist the CFO in running audits.
· Reconcile accounts monthly to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
Delegate financial responsibilities to the accounting team.
Maintain multiple monthly spreadsheets in Excel (rent, recurring vendor invoices, taxes);
· Demonstrated focus in customer service with an ability to provide a positive customer experience;
· Strong attention to detail, accuracy and organization;
· Ability to work independently, but also as part of a busy, high-performing team;
· Computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook); Ajera;
· Accurate typing, spelling and grammar skills;
· Planning and organizing skills;
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
· Discretion in handling confidential information;
· Work in a fast paced, high-volume environment;
· Ability to work overtime during peak times as needed;
· Consistently demonstrate a cooperative attitude.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org