Pittsburgh area company is in need of an entry level Logistics Representative. The selected candidate will be responsible for the day to day activities for assigned warehousing and bulk terminal facilities.
· Monitor the daily activities at assigned 3rd party facilities across the US and Canada to ensure the timely and accurate shipment of goods to customers
· Complete inbound and outbound inventory transactions in SAP ERP system;
· Troubleshoot issues and concerns at assigned facilities and coordinate problem resolution within the scope of the position;
· Maintain inventory and asset accuracy in accordance with established policies
· Develop, modify, and audit operational procedures for warehouses, bulk terminals and transload operations
· Train, support, and lead 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) Provider personnel on a wide range of logistics functions including training on the aforementioned operational procedures;
· Participate in physical inventory audits and lead internal cycle count processes for assigned facilities
· Responsible for setting standards and procedures to facilitate accurate and timely payment of invoices for distribution services provided, consistent with current operational contracts and purchase orders. Implement agreed upon allocation of cost with internal divisional customers
· Responsible for the tendering (assignment) of bulk transportation shipments and managing order changes within SAP ERP system and our 3rd party transportation management system
· Work directly with Order Management Representatives, bulk carriers, shipping sites and other internal departments to ensure the efficient movement of goods and to maintain an adequate equipment balance to meet the shipping needs
· Provide backup coverage, as needed, within other areas of the Warehousing & Bulk Terminal Operations and Transportation Operations groups.
· BA/BS Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business or relevant Technical Field or a high school diploma with 2-5 years of relevant experience
· Demonstrated teamwork, organizational, and communication skills
· Proficient software skills with ability to learn new software quickly
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org