Pittsburgh higher education institute is in need of an Academic Departmental Assistant.
Duties to include:
· Assist with the coordination and implementation of appropriate and reasonable accommodations for qualified students.
· Facilitate assistive technology training and use by students.
· Administer testing accommodations: Schedule exams, communicate with faculty, proctor, read/scribe, ensure confidential return of exams to instructors.
· Collaborate with instructional technology department to ensure accessibility of university resources.
· Utilize hardware and software applications to convert materials to alternative forms
· Communicate with technology companies to ensure up-to-date software and hardware purchases, receive information about webinars, and troubleshoot technical issues.
· Schedule interpreters when needed.
· Remain updated on the ADA and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 for best practices and emerging technologies in the field of disability accommodations.
· Work individually with students to improve their academic skills and performance.
· Represent department at admissions and other campus events and meetings as needed.
· Develop and maintain a student disability policy and procedures manual.
· Teach study skills course to at-risk student population.
· Maintain thorough documentation and upkeep of client database and filing system.
· Research grants and other opportunities (procurement of software/hardware, facility improvement).
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, or related field required.
· Master’s degree in special education or related field preferred.
· Experience in a diverse Higher Education setting in the areas of disability services and/or academic support services.
· Knowledge of best practices in disability service implementation and experience with learning disabilities and autism spectrum disorder.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com