Pittsburgh area financial institution actively seeking qualified candidates for the role of Chief Financial Officer.
Selected candidate will have management responsibility to include treasury, budgeting, taxes, accounting, asset and liability management, and financial control activities. Plans, directs, and controls the organization’s overall financial plans and policies, accounting practices, and relationships with lending institutions, shareholders, and the financial community.
Responsibilities to include:
· Manage direct reports to maximize productivity, efficiency, and the potential of the human assets of the company, including: hiring, directing job assignments, monitoring staff performance, coaching, counseling, training, assuring compliance with regulatory requirements and organizational mission, values, policies and work rules. Appraise performance and provide recommendations for staff compensation, promotion, and termination, as appropriate.
· Monitors interest rate, credit and portfolio risk status and set limitations as required for Asset/Liability Management. Identify ways to reduce interest rate risk and sensitivity. Provide detailed ALCO and Investment reports to Board and Executive Management. Updates the ALM policy in accordance with the NCUA rules and regulations.
· Manages the investment and borrowing portfolios of the company in order to achieve above average earnings and safeguard the assets of the financial institution for the customers.
· Communicates with the Board of Directors, the Supervisory Committee, customers of management and individual customers regarding strategic recommendations, financial results and policies which effect the organization to assure that they are timely, accurately and adequately informed about matters which affect the financial institution.
· Oversee budget planning, preparation and administration processes to control operating expenses and achieve the company’s strategic objectives.
· Oversees, evaluates and interprets statistical and financial reporting on the status of the financial institution to provide management and the Board of Directors useful information.
· Monitors product utilization and feedback regarding financial institution services to accurately evaluate and recommend new product and business lines which provide customers valuable services while enhancing the stability and financial results of the company.
· Develop and implement checking account policies, procedures and product features including electronic payments to and from customer’s accounts; oversee Checking Support Services resolution of customer problems/concerns with electronic payments in order to increase customer utilization and satisfaction with the financial institution’s checking products.
· Negotiate significant vendor contracts in a manner that protects the financial interests of the institution and provides superior value to the customer.
· Manage the financial institution’s Risk Management program; acquire adequate and appropriate casualty and liability insurance coverage to adequately protect the financial institution from various types of exposure.
· Serve as trustee for the Employee’s Pension Plan representing the plan participants’ best interest in a manner that assures accurate accounting and compliance with all pertinent regulations.
· Serves on several committees as required, such as Executive Committee, Loan Committee, Asset-Liability Committee, Compliance Committee, Loan Bank Committee, Audit Committee (ex-offcio) and Treasury Committee.
· Oversees all required regulatory reporting to assure compliance in the most cost- effective manner and minimize legal liabilities.
· Represents the firm on financial matters with industry, governmental, and regulatory organizations as well as with ratings agencies and outside investors as applicable. Serves as the Credit Unions liaison with NCUA examiners and independent auditor to
· Must comply with all company policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
· Experience in investment strategies and management of liquidity and investment portfolios.
· A post graduate degree (similar to a CPA, or MBA)
· The ability to motivate or influence internal or external senior level professionals is a critical part of the job, requiring a significant level of influence and trust.
· Obtaining cooperation and agreement on important outcomes via frequently complex, senior level dialogues, as well as a professional level of written communication skills are essential to the position.
· Experience in generally accepted accounting principles and all State and Federal regulations, including those of the Financial Accounting Standards Board, affecting the company’s finance function.
· Experience in budget forecasting and regulatory reporting. Knowledge of income tax regulations and requirements for Thrift institutions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org