Pittsburgh area corporation is in need of a Senior Sourcing Specialist. The selected candidate will act as a strategic buying function, supporting the execution of competitive bid events, evaluating bids and providing award recommendations, executing PO’s, and following up with suppliers in relation to contract compliance.
Responsibilities to include:
· Supports category strategy and maximizes value by touching the end-to-end requisitioning process depending on established purchasing policies and spend thresholds
· Reviews low-to-medium spend and recommends to Strategic Sourcing Leader opportunities to leverage relationships with strategic suppliers
· Supports in conducting sourcing events for mid-low Tail Spend Opportunities.
· Reviews business requirements, category strategy and available market to determine the appropriate suppliers to conduct sourcing buying activities
· Executes one-off buys and competitive bid events (e.g., RFQ) for small to medium sized projects that desire execution in an efficient manner, resulting in execution of PO with selected supplier(s).
· Evaluates supplier bids and provides an award recommendation to the end user(s)
· Conducts first level contract discussions with suppliers and escalates to Legal and Sourcing Leaders to resolve supplier issues with Standard PO T&C’s
· Works closely with business stakeholders to understand needs, specifications, and timelines for indirect goods & services requested and communicate expectations to suppliers
· Monitors contract and pricing compliance between Hitachi Rail and suppliers
· Communicates with suppliers to ensure delivery requirements are met to support business needs and communicating proactively with internal departments any sourcing or delay issues
· Maintain procurement records such as: items or services purchased, costs, delivery details, product quality or performance, etc.
· Review Spend Analytics to identify tail spend sourcing opportunities
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or related field
· Knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures including MRP/ERP logic
· A minimum of 3-5 years of experience within an Indirect Strategic Sourcing and procurement organization
· A minimum of 3-5 years evaluating and negotiating contract terms
· SAP experience is a plus
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org