Downtown Pittsburgh group is in need of an experienced Senior Project Engineer.
- Prepare Request for Proposals (RFP) and scope of work for the solicitation of professional services.
- Prepare project scopes and cost estimates.
- Prepare project schedules to identify and coordinate project tasks and establish project timelines.
- Review proposals for professional services and construction bids.
- Administer procurement procedures related to selection of technical consultants and bidding of contracted work.
- Manage the preparation of plans and specifications for demolition, public improvement, and building construction projects.
- Prepare professional services agreements for consultants.
- Manage and administer the work of consultants providing planning, design, and construction services.
- Manage construction, demolition, and environmental contracts undertaken including the negotiation of contract change orders and perform contract administration to assure conformance with contract conditions and specifications.
- Coordinate activities with governmental agencies, utility companies, developers, and their architects and engineers as part of the planning, engineering and construction process.
- Organize and implement public information programs relative to public improvement projects.
- Attend public meetings as necessary during the planning, design, and construction of projects.
- Provide technical information to necessary departments and employees.
- Coordination of permit applications with regulatory agencies as related to development and construction.
- Management and leadership of support staff.
- Risk mitigation and cost control on design and construction contracts.
- Assist in development of department processes and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- 8-10 years of experience in design and construction of public works projects is required.
- 2-4 years of project management or assistant project management.
- Valid PA Driver’s License and an automobile.
- Professional verbal and written skills required.
- Effective communication skills and team building.
- MSWord/Excel skills.
- Time Management skills.
- Another combination of education, experience, knowledge and abilities demonstrating the qualifications necessary to perform the duties of this position would also be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org