Downtown Pittsburgh law firm is in need of an experienced Paralegal/Legal Assistant.
Duties to include:
· Assist any office staff with trial preparation, proofreading, editing, and notarizing legal documents
· Recording and monitoring calendar hearings, deadlines, and statutes appropriately
· Conduct factual research online and in-person.
· Communicate and coordinate with attorneys, experts, judges, and their staff
· Interview clients, coworkers, and the client’s family and prepare summaries of their statements
· Report, request/order, organize, index, track and maintain the following documents and/or materials:
- Estate proceedings/documents
- Medical records, pathology, radiology, & itemized billing statements
- Military records
- Social Security Administration records
- Employment records
- Union records
- Worker’s Compensation records
- Medicare & Medicaid records
· Track and monitor various Defendant filings such as Appearances, Objections, Motions to Strike, Preliminary Objections, Discovery Responses, Motions for Summary Judgment, Pretrial Statements, etc., filed by Defendant’s
Prepare, e-file, serve filings such as Affidavits, Answers to Interrogatories, Complaints, Motions for Summary Judgments, Objections, Responses, Subpoenas, Orders, and any other pleadings.
· Investigate facts of cases and search related information pertaining to the case such as public records, real estate assessment, newspaper articles, and corporation searches.
· Gather and distribute materials required for expert opinions in a timely manner
· Schedule & coordinate depositions with the client, attorney, court reporting service and hotels.
· Summarizing deposition and trial transcripts and exhibits.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com