Downtown Pittsburgh law firm is in need of an experienced Nurse Consultant. The selected candidate uses medical expertise to consult with and advise attorneys on injury cases; analyzes complex medical information and renders an informed and objective opinion on the medical-legal matters.
Duties to include:
· Review and critically analyze medical records, medical billing, radiology and pathology reports and other medical evidence relevant to a case.
· Identify, research, and retain appropriate medical experts to perform independent medical exams; attend exams as requested. Provide appropriate records/imaging to experts.
· Provide medical knowledge support to attorneys during client and medical expert meetings and conference calls.
· Educate attorneys and paralegals about healthcare issues, and other helpful medical facts.
· Research professional literature related to case facts.
· Prepare detailed and precise chronologies or timelines from medical records and other documents.
· Retain and work with expert witnesses in preparation of expert reports and testimony.
· Work with lawyers to plan healthcare litigation, including depositions, mediations and trial preparation.
· Registered Nurse licensed without restrictions in Pennsylvania.
· Strong oral and written communication skills and experience.
· Desire to utilize strong clinical skills in the medical-legal field.
· A background of clinical experience in obstetrics/gynecology, surgical critical
care, emergency medicine, trauma surgery, orthopedics, neurosurgery, or combination preferred.
· Experience that includes interpretation of medical records, medical research, standard of care guidelines and implication of those documents. Able to provide critical analysis and explanations of those findings to medical and non-medical audience.·
· Utilizes nursing background and knowledge of healthcare standards to identify strengths and weaknesses of a case.
· Legal Nurse Consultant Certification (LNCC) preferred but not required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com