Downtown Pittsburgh law firm is in need of an experienced Billing Specialist. The selected candidate will be responsible for managing client bills to include working with attorneys on production of the bills through conventional and electronic billing submission to clients while using full knowledge and understanding of accounting software, including electronic billing and third-party vendor sites.
· Prepares and handles all aspects of billing for specified attorneys and/or clients as assigned.
· Assists attorneys and staff with billing questions
· Works directly with clients relating to their billing guidelines, e-billing setup, and any other billing questions or issues
· Processes various time, disbursement, and billing reports for attorneys, staff and clients
· Reviews client intake memos for billing guidelines, e-billing requirements, billing rates, client and contact information and verifies that all data is updated in client and e-bill databases
· Assists with accounting functions necessary for month end closing
· Maintains proficiency in accounting software, Word and Excel, and participates in training and preparation for regional conferences, and software upgrades as related to billing functions
· Reviews invoice to ensure time is being billed to the accurate client matter and recommend revisions as needed
· Updates invoices to reflect any approved changes or corrections
· Proofread edits within the accounting systems to confirm accuracy
· Prepares cover letters which accompany each invoice
· Creates final invoice and supporting documentation per client’s request (hard copy, digital, and electronic)
· Maintain positive working relationships with internal and external clients
· Prepare ad hoc reports for internal and external clients allocating invoices per each client’s specific requirements
· Maintain client reports and databases based on each client’s specific requirements
· Liaise with clients, attorneys and staff to generate, distribute, edit, finalize and submit legal bills via various methods
· Resolve billing-related issues from internal and external clients
· Coordinate with accounting department to address questions/problems related to the billing process
· Prepare reports and materials necessary to track billings and on items to be billed
· Three to five years of related experience or Associate Degree and equivalent experience
· Requires fundamental knowledge of accounting software and basic accounting principles
· Requires analytical skills to apply knowledge to practical situations and the ability to foresee problems and effect solutions.
· Ability to work independently under pressure and pre-set deadlines in an accurate manner with consistently high production.
· Exceptional attention to detail and proofreading skills.
· Requires above average typing and ten key skills, and proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Word and Excel).
· Requires good organizational and planning skills to prioritize and complete assigned bills accurately and in a timely manner and to assess, recommend and implement improved work procedures.
· Good interpersonal/communication skills to work effectively with personnel at all levels within the firm.
· Dependability, the willingness to meet the requirements of the position, accepting a wide variety of assignments with a positive attitude and team spirit
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org