Pittsburgh area financial services group is in need of a capable H.R. Assistant. The selected candidate will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organization’s human resource department.
Duties to include:
· Assist in the day-to-day operations of the HR Department
· Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
· Process drug screens, background checks and new hire paperwork.
· Answers questions relative to policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate manager.
· Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
· Reports and monitors all workers compensation claims and follows up on open cases.
· Monitors employee eligibility for benefit plans and processes enrollments, cancellations, or changes.
· Provides support to the HR department.
· Assists with planning/execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization meetings, employee recognition events.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
· Knowledge of ADP Payroll System a plus.
· Associate degree in related field required.
· Minimum of 2 years of Human Resources experience required.
NOTE: This is a 3-6 month assignment with possible hire.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org