Pittsburgh area financial services institute is in need of support within their Financial Reporting team.
Description of primary responsibilities:
- Prepares workpapers to support Form 10-Q and 10-K filings, including supporting information communicated to the institute’s office of Finance for its Combined Financial Report; and/or coordinates the MD&A and Financial Statement/Note disclosures for SEC filings, in compliance with SEC regulations.
- Prepares assigned SEC Reporting documentation and workpaper preparation and maintenance.
- Assists in drafting of MD&A narrative section of SEC filings.
- Reviews and tags XBRL information associated with the SEC filings
- Works with the SEC Reporting Specialist on more technical and complex SEC reporting issues to develop skills
- Coordinates with other departments to receive information and workpapers required for SEC filing.
- Reviews and analyzes schedules for SEC documentation support; responsible for working with other departments to gather and analyze information.
- System administrator for Workiva (WDesk), our SEC reporting tool
- Actively works inside of WDesk and identifies opportunities for improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; CPA preferred
- Requires a minimum of three years public accounting experience, or similar experience in a corporate role (preference for financial services )
- Extensive understanding and knowledge of general accounting practices. Understanding and application of GAAP on consistent basis. Ability to research and determine proper GAAP
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Interpersonal and communication skills needed to influence, motivate and collaborate with internal staff, peers and other department customers
- Strong knowledge of SEC regulations, including XBRL, required
- Experience with WDesk preferred
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org